I love the ZARA fashion label- A LOTT. Zara is awesome because you can purchase a simple item yet look like a million bucks off the rack of a high end Designer label. Zara has always had a way of seducing us with must haves we’re convinced we really need to add to our wardrobes — but surprise! There’s a lot more to the illustrious brand than amazing clothes. Behind the scenes, there’s a whole complicated system in place that guarantees every item we crave. So what are the secrets to this fast-fashion institution? Read on for 16 fascinating things discovered about Zara.1. Zara’s parent company, Inditex, is the world’s largest apparel retailer.
2. Amancio Ortega, Zara’s founder, is the 4th richest man in the world.
3. Amancio Ortega has also never given an interview.
5. The first store was in the coastal town of A Coruña in Northwest Spain in 1975.
6. 50% of Zara’s products are still manufactured in Spain.
7. Zara was originally named Zorba.
8. But the title was changed because a local bar had the same name.
9. Zara’s warehouse is 5 million square feet (about 9 times the size of Amazon’s).
10. Zara has a team of designers who are constantly changing and editing designs based on customer feedback
11. Zara is vertically integrated and has control of every element of production from design to distribution.
12. The company can have a new design created and distributed in just 1-2 weeks.
13. Zara spends little on advertising, focusing its spending on opening stores near high-end retailers instead.
14. It launches around 12,000 new designs a year.
16. Even royals wear Zara; it’s a favorite of Kate Middleton.