5 Natural Remedies to treat Dandruff instantly without spending so much
Dandruff is a skin condition that affects mainly the scalp (the skin on the head). Dandruff could present flaking and sometimes mild itchiness. A more severe form of dandruff is the seborrheic dermatitis, which involves inflammation. The exact lying cause of dandruff is particularly unclear, however some conditions have been found to have the ability to trigger the onset of dandruff. These include:
- Dry skin
- Not cleaning or scrubbing often enough
- Shampooing too frequently
- Sensitivity to hair care products
- Yeast-like fungus infection
Dandruff has no permanent cure, but it can, however, be treated in a number of natural ways such as the following:
1. With Aspirin: Aspirin contains the same active ingredient (salicylic acid) as many medicated dandruff shampoos. Keep flaking in check by crushing two aspirins to a fine powder and adding it to the normal amount of shampoo you use each time you wash your hair. Leave the mixture on your hair for 1-2 minutes, then rinse well and wash again with plain shampoo.
2. Baking Soda: Some ingredients you use every day double as effective dandruff remedies—like baking soda. Wet your hair and then rub a handful of baking soda vigorously into your scalp. Skip the shampoo and go right to rinsing. Baking soda reduces overactive fungi that can cause dandruff. Your hair may get dried out at first, but after a few weeks your scalp will start producing natural oils, leaving your hair softer and free of flakes.
3. Mouth wash: To treat a bad case of dandruff, wash your hair with your regular shampoo, then rinse with an alcohol-based mouthwash. Follow with your regular conditioner. The anti fungal properties of mouthwash can help prevent dandruff-causing yeast from growing.
4. Normal Salt: The coarseness of ordinary table salt works great for scrubbing out dandruff flakes before you shampoo. Grab a saltshaker and shake some salt onto your dry scalp. Then work it through your hair, giving your scalp a massage. You’ll find you’ve worked out the dry, flaky skin and are ready for a shampoo.
5. Garlic: Garlic possessed antimicrobial properties that are perfect for eliminating dandruff causing bacteria. Crush garlic and rub it into your scalp. To avoid that potent smell by mixing crushed garlic with honey and massaging into the scalp before washing.