7 expert tips on how to get in shape for your Big Day
Most brides tend to want to look their best on their wedding day; after all, you’re stuck with those photographs for life! (Not to put pressure on you, or anything) Rather than deprive yourself of adequate nutrition and good old chocolate cake, Nutrition psychologist, Tara Mahedevan, advises brides-to-be on how to get in shape for the Big Day!
1. Eat carrots. They are packed with Vitamin A, which not only gives you a healthy glow for those very important photos, but also helps prevent sun damage, so you look your best.
2. Load up on cucumbers. They are a nutritional storehouse of water and vitamins, which will cool your skin and help reduce the appearance of blemishes caused by stress and lack of sleep. Bonus: You can also place them over your eyes to get rid of dark circles!
3. Red peppers are your friend, because they help heal damaged skin. Their natural sweetness and crunchiness will also help you stay away from too many sweets.
5. Don’t compromise on water. More than anyone, brides-to-be need at least 3 litres of water a day to stay hydrated and relaxed. Your skin will also thank you for it!
6. Keep a bag of almonds close. Although they are naturally high in calories, almonds contain essential fatty acids that your hair and skin need. However, remember to enjoy them in moderation.
7. Get some sleep! It’s a crazy, busy time but you need to get a good amount of sleep to function and look your best. What you eat and how much aren’t the only determinants of great looking skin and hair for the Big Day, but also how much and how well you sleep.