Amazing Way to Shrink Your Waistline Faster
Belly fat is not only the most stubborn fat but also the most attention-seeking one. Fats around your waistline can influence your clothing size, your health, and in the long run, your self-image. Health care providers say belly fat is the worst kind of fat as it can increase your risk for several diseases, including Type 2 diabetes, inflammation, and heart disease.
However, don’t you worry if you have a potbelly or heavier waistline; we are here to help you. Some many exercises and diets can help you whittle down your waist size naturally.
Just know one more thing: if you want to reduce belly fat, spot training will never work, and if someone says that’s how it is done, they are lying. You must burn fat through a comprehensive approach that includes cardiovascular exercise, core strengthening workouts, weight lifting, and for sure, a healthy and balanced diet.
Follow the given few steps to lose weight safely and naturally.
Step 1: Know the Reasons for Belly Fat
Your lifestyle and food habits significantly impact your fat percentage around your waistline. Many factors can be behind your abdominal fat, including bad diet (too much junk and processed foods, too little fiber and protein), weak metabolism, mental stress, insomnia, incorrect sitting posture or prolonged sitting, excessive alcohol consumption, and a sedentary lifestyle. It would be best if you worked on all your factors simultaneously to achieve your target.
Step 2: Set a Goal
Once you have identified the reason behind your weight/ fat gain, create a goal plan to start working on your weight reduction.
A concrete and flexible goal is critical. Do not expect results within one week if you are not consistent at your achieving your goal. Set a target of 2lbs or .9 – 1 kg per week. This is possible when the calories you eat is less than the calories you burn (calorie deficit).
Step 3: Follow an Exercise Routine
You must work out at least 30 mins a day, 5 – 6 days a week. Your workouts should focus on your entire body and must be a combination of cardio, HIIT, core strengthening, and stretches. You can also include Yoga and Pilates. Try to add the following exercises to reduce weight naturally around your abdomen:
– Exercises that focus on your entire body are running/brisk walking, push-ups, burpees, lunges, squats, Pilates, Suryanamaskar (yoga), swimming, and kickboxing.
– Crunches are the best exercise to reduce stubborn belly fat. They also make your abs stronger and encourage lean muscles. Start with 10 sets and add two every day until your stomach is back in shape.
– Bicycle crunches target your abdomen and oblique, both. The trick is trying to touch your knee with your elbow.
– Planks are one of the best exercises to strengthen your core muscles, arms, and glutes, improve your metabolism, and reduce your stomach fat quickly. You can try variations of planks, such as elbow plank, rolling plank, one-hand plank, etc. to achieve your weight loss goals. Start with 30 seconds and gradually increase to 3-5 minutes for effective results.
– Leg raise is another effective exercise that you must do to reduce your lower abdomen fat. You can start with single-leg raise and then move on to the advanced version. This exercise also has several verifications and modifications.
– Other exercises that target belly fat reduction include sit-ups, side crunch, reverse crunch, and boat pose.
Step 4: Change Your Diet
Your food habits can significantly impact your belly fat.
– High fiber diets are perfect for boosting metabolism, and a high metabolism triggers a natural weight loss process. A high fiber diet contains legumes, lentils, oats, brown rice, fruits, salads, and greens.
– Avoid junk foods, such as bakery items, processed foods, carbs, and fatty foods.
– Try to add more protein (30% of your meal) in your diet if you aim to lose much weight.
– Do not starve or skip meals to burn fat from your belly. You will gain all the fats once you start eating again.
– Reduce your sugar intake at all costs. Sugar is the biggest culprit behind the potbelly and bulging abdomen.
– Try Intermittent Fasting. It has humongous benefits.
Step 5: Drink at least 5-6 Liters of Water
You should have water equal to your 20% of body weight. For instance, for every5kgs, you must have 1 liter of water. Water flushes out toxins and harmful wastes, regulates metabolism, keeps hunger at bay, and prevents fluid retention. Water also clears your skin and rejuvenates your mind.
Step 6: Get Your Beauty Sleep
Sleep is the ultimate way of health resurrection. It is essential to have a sound sleep at least 8 hours a day and nothing lesser than that. Insomnia or disturbed sleep can change your hormones, affect your mind and body fat. Inadequate sleep is one of the top reasons for obesity, fatigue, stress, and binge eating.
These are some of the ways to shrink your waistline within a few weeks. Start today and see a positive result in just 7 days.
Emylee is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.