Eku Edewor is a British Nigerian actress, television presenter, and model. She is best known for her work as host of the entertainment television program 53 Extra. She recently had a Baby Girl for her photographer Fiance, Chini Odogwu.
1. Eku Edewor was born at Portland Hospital in London, along with her twin sister Kessiana.
2. Her mother is Juliana Edewor, an interior designer, restaurateur, and art collector originally from Delta State. Her father, Hugh Thorley, is British and has worked in the food and beverage supply and logistics industries.
3. Edewor’s first television appearance was in 2007, when she competed in the reality show Britain’s Next Top Model under the name “Georgina Edewor-Thorley”.
4. Her first job in the entertainment industry was as a production assistant to producer Damian Jones. She worked at his company DJ Films from September 2008 through October 2009. She appeared in the 2010 film Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll as “Party Girl”
5. In 2010, after the loss of her stepfather, Edewor returned to Nigeria to work in her mother’s restaurant, the Chardonnay Restaurant and Bar, so that her mother could focus on her career as an interior designer
6. Since landing her role on 53 Extra, Edewor has made several other television appearances; she co-hosted the Big Brother Africa All Stars live red carpet show in 2010, and she has also hosted the Pepsi Top Ten Countdown since 2012.
7. For her first major film role, she played principal character Sapphire in the 2013 romantic comedy film Flower Girl. She recently welcomed her first child too.