LFDW Fashion Focus is identified through its exceptional creative workshops and mentorship capacity building programs, inclusive of professional business development as a tool to facilitate innovation, growth and commerce. Selected finalists will be offered opportunities to participate in targeted workshops and exhibit their collection in front of a select audience at the Heineken Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2015 showcase from October 28th – October 31st, 2015.
This ties in with British Council’s ongoing work to empower creatives through high-quality events and collaborations that link artists and cultural institutions in Nigeria with their counterparts in the UK.
LFDW Fashion Focus – Opportunities
- Fashion Focus will bring together a range of designers, practitioners and institutions from across Nigeria and the UK to explore new ways of working through a range of workshops and networking sessions which will hold between 2015 and 2016.
- Presentation at Lagos Fashion and Design Week Scholarship opportunity with Istituto Marangoni
- LFDW Fashion Focus opportunity with Grey Velvet Nigeria
LFDW Fashion Focus – Eligibility
- Designers must have a minimum of 2 – 5 years working experience
- Designers will be required to send moodboards and sketches of their work with samples of finished outfits.
- Designers must be fully trained or have sufficient knowledge of fashion design
- Designers must have existing sales point(s) within the Nigerian fashion retail eco system
- Designers must have existing editorial features in print, online or social media
- Designers must be capable of developing and presenting their own designs for Lagos Fashion and Design Week
For details on how to apply for LFDW Fashion Focus, please visit www.lagosfashionanddesignweek.com
-Heineken LFDW sponsors Maybelline and Fayrouz will lend their continued support to Heineken LFDW as the brands continue to be positioned as stakeholders in Nigeria’s rapidly evolving fashion industry.