Stretch marks are never fun. And they’re even less fun when they happen to be there on your breasts. While these silvery, ugly blemishes usually appear on the skin of the abdomen and lower limbs, it isn’t uncommon for them to make an appearance on your girls.
Rapid weight gain or weight loss, hormonal fluctuations, certain health disorders, dehydration, and even breast augmentation are just a few of the many causes for stretch marks appearing on a woman’s breasts.
If you’ve been racking your brains looking for a solution to this tragic predicament that doesn’t involve consulting an expensive plastic surgeon – look no further! Here, we have three insanely effective, all-natural home remedies to significantly reduce the visibility of stretch marks from the sensitive skin of your breasts.
1. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter has been the most trusted go-to skincare ingredient for years. Sometimes referred to as theobroma oil, this antioxidant-rich butter harvested from mildly fragrant cocoa beans positively bursts with skin-loving healthy fats such as stearic acid and palmitic acid.
Not only does this lend cocoa butter the power to combat stretch marks and prevent your skin from peeling and drying, but it also helps your skin fight the signs of aging.
You could ideally massage raw cocoa butter directly onto your stretch marks at least 2 times each day for a minimum of 2 months to see noticeably less scarring. Or alternatively, you could enhance the remedy using the following recipe.
What You Need
- Cocoa butter x ½ cup
- Wheat germ oil x 1 tbsp.
- Tea kernel oil x 1 tsp.
- Grated beeswax x 2 tsp.
- Vitamin E oil x 2 tsp.
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and place it on the stove.
- Keep the saucepan on low heat and stir until all the beeswax melts.
- Remove from stove and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Apply this mixture directly onto your stretch marks 2 to 3 times each day.
- Store whatever remains in a clean and plastic container in your refrigerator.
2. Egg Whites
Egg whites are widely acknowledged for their astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. But more than that, they are a formidable source of high-quality protein. After all, they account for a whopping 67% of the total protein content found in eggs. And this ain’t just any run-of-the-mill protein as it contains all nine of those essential amino acids required by our body for smooth functioning.
Hence, it comes as no real surprise that this nutritious and flavorsome breakfast can also be extremely beneficial when it comes to treating stretch marks.
What You Need
- Eggs x 2
- Olive oil (as required)
- Carefully separate the whites of the eggs from the yolk.
- Pour the egg whites into a bowl and using an electric beater, whip them until they turn firm and fluffy. If you do not have an electric beater, you could do this step with a regular hand beater or fork.
- Using a makeup brush or even a clean basting brush, apply a generous layer of egg whites on to your stretch marks.
- Allow them to fully dry and then rinse with cold water.
- Once you’ve patted the affected area dry with a towel, apply a handful of olive oil for some extra moisture.
- For best results, repeat this treatment a minimum of 2 times per week.
3. Aloe Vera Gel Ointment
The translucent and fragment aloe vera gel is rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E and beta-carotene that give it its globally cherished anti-aging and skin-nourishing qualities. It also happens to contain a complex carbohydrate called ‘acemannan’ and 18 of the 20 amino acids found in the human body, which allow it to nourish cells while simultaneously relieving them of toxins. Harness its beloved skin healing and soothing properties to erase stretch marks by either applying unadulterated aloe vera gel topically onto the stretch marks and rinsing after it dries, or by making a DIY ointment.
What You Need
- Aloe vera gel x ¼ cup
- Oil from vitamin E capsules x 10 capsules
- Oil from vitamin A capsules x 5 capsules
- In a small bowl, extract the oil from the vitamin E and vitamin A capsules.
- Mix in the aloe vera gel and keep stirring till you get a mixture of smooth consistency.
- Apply this ointment topically on your stretch marks and leave it on for your skin to absorb.
- For best results, repeat this treatment daily for at least 30 days.
You don’t have to compromise with stretch marks anymore. Fight back with these easy-breezy and shockingly effective home remedies to reclaim your breasts once again.