Going to the Hospital? Find out common illnesses that can be treated with Onions
Rich in antioxidants, thought to prevent cancer, diabetes, and even the common cold, onions are nothing if not a superfood. But that’s not all they are — the same properties that make onions a great food to eat also make them great for other things, from healing your skin to cleaning metal.
Health & Body
1. Repel Insects. Rubbing an onion on your skin is a simple way to repel bugs.
2. Soothe Insect Bites & Stings. Forgot to follow tip #1? Rubbing onion onto bug bites will help to ease the pain.
3. Soothe a Sore Throat. Making onion tea is a great remedy for soothing sore throats. On the stovetop, boil water with onion peels in it (about 1 cup of water for the peels of 1/2 an onion.) Bring to a boil, remove onion and serve.
4. Use in Place of Smelling Salts. Overwork yourself? Feeling light-headed? Onions are a great natural remedy to use instead of smelling salts.
5. Ease the Pain of Burns. Rubbing onions onto burns helps soothe the pain.
Find out more Benefits of Onions and how it can be used to treat some illnesses, for Hair and Skincare.